Independent Non-executive Director
Term of office
Director since 22 June 2009
- Currently a partner in the Government Relations and Lobbying, Transportation, Infrastructure and Local Government, and Construction Projects groups of Washington, DC firm Squire Patton Boggs.
- Served as US Secretary of Transportation from 1997 until the end of the Clinton Administration in January 2001
- Administrator of the Federal Highway Administration from 1993 to 1996
- Current directorships in the US include Kansas City Southern (railroads), Southern Development Bancorporation, Verizon Communications Inc.
- Former director of Parsons Brinckerhoff, Northwest Airlines, Delta Airlines, WS Atkins plc and ICx Technologies Inc.
- Director of the Congressional Awards Foundation and United Way Worldwide
Transurban Board committee membership
Member of the Nomination Committee