The Bridge to Brisbane fun run is heading back to the Sir Leo Hielscher Bridge (Gateway Bridge).
We’re excited to announce Transurban has become naming rights sponsor of The Sunday Mail Transurban Bridge to Brisbane for the next three years.
30,000 participants will have the exclusive opportunity to run over one of the city’s most recognised Bridges for the first time in six years.
We’re excited to be shaking things up with the launch of our inaugural Bridge to Brisbane fundraising appeal to support Ronald McDonald House (RMH) Charities SEQ (RMH).
We’ve been a major supporter of RMH for the past eight years, raising more than $1.27 million for RMH thanks to the ongoing support of our business partners and stakeholders.
This year, Transurban employees, business partners and stakeholders will be participating in Bridge to Brisbane to raise much needed funds for families of seriously ill children.
Did you know?
- The Bridge to Brisbane launched in 1997 with around 5,000 participants racing over the original Gateway Bridge
- This year is the 25th anniversary of Bridge to Brisbane
- Bridge to Brisbane ran over the Gateway Bridge from 1997 to 2015 when the course was moved due to construction on Kingsford Smith Drive
- Participants will get the exclusive opportunity to run 1.6km over the length of the Gateway Bridge
- At the peak, runners will be 65m above the Brisbane River with views to Moreton Bay and Brisbane City
So dust off your joggers and pencil in Sunday 29 August 2021 to run the iconic Bridge to Brisbane.
For more information about Bridge to Brisbane or to register visit bridgetobrisbane.com.au.