Applications are assessed against the following:
- The benefit for communities close to Transurban roads
- Ability to impact the social needs in the areas of safe and accessible transport, education and training.
- Ability to achieve lasting benefits
- The potential to positively effect a large number of people or drive significant environmental outcomes
- The potential to improve the lives of diverse, disadvantaged or underprivileged groups
- How specific the application is about the grant’s intended use and expected outcomes
- Whether the grant will help create community benefits that may not otherwise be possible without grant support.
The above criteria are weighted equally and applications are assessed by a panel of representatives from across the business. The decision is final and at the discretion of Transurban.
We may ask for additional information, such as:
- details of project partners and how they will contribute to the project's success
- risks that may affect the project and how they will be managed
- a detailed project budget.