Value for heavy vehicles
Tolling discounts and trip caps will help make the upgraded freeway and new tunnels more cost-effective for heavy vehicles (HPFVs and HCVs).
West Gate Freeway multi-trip discount
Heavy vehicles travelling back and forth all day will have discounted tolls after the fourth trip and no charge after the eighth trip.
- First 4 trips: trucks pay full toll
- Trips 5 to 8: trucks pay 50% of toll
- Trips 9 and above: no further charges
Multi-road toll cap
Trucks travelling on CityLink and the West Gate Tunnel will have tolls for a single trip capped at:
- $33.17 (for travel between 6am and 8pm) and $22.12 (for travel between 8pm and 6am) for HCVs
- $49.77 (for travel between 6am and 8pm) and $33.17 (for travel between 8pm and 6am) for HPFVs.
With a Linkt account, you’ll be good to go to travel on the West Gate Tunnel once the project is complete. Visit the Linkt website for more information on tolling accounts.