Transurban is committed to good governance, transparency and accountability. The Board believes this is essential for the long-term performance and sustainability of the business, and to protect and enhance the interests of security holders and other stakeholders.
Transurban’s governance framework plays a critical role in helping the business deliver on its strategy. It provides the structure through which business objectives are set, performance is monitored, and risks are managed. It includes a framework for decision making across the business and provides guidance on the standards of behaviour expected of Transurban's people.
Transurban complied with the 4th edition of the ASX Corporate Governance Council's Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (the ASX Principles and Recommendations) for the year ended 30 June 2022.
Transurban’s governance framework and main governance practices for the year ended 30 June 2022 are detailed in our 2022 Corporate Governance Statement. This statement, together with Transurban's ASX Appendix 4G, which is a checklist cross-referencing the ASX Principles and Recommendations to the relevant disclosures in Transurban's Corporate Governance Statement, FY22 Corporate Report and website, was lodged with the ASX on 18 August 2022.
The key governance documents referred in the 2022 Corporate Governance Statement can be accessed below:
Board and Board committees
- Board Charter
- Policy and Procedure for the Nomination, Selection and Appointment of Non-Executive Directors
- Audit and Risk Committee Charter
- Nomination Committee Charter
- Remuneration, People and Culture Committee Charter
Conduct and ethics policies and procedures
- Code of Conduct
- Dealing in Securities Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Ethical Business Practices Policy
- Health, Safety & Environment Policy
- Human Rights Policy
- Political Contributions Policy (Australia)
- Political Contributions Policy (U.S.)
- Security Holder Communication Policy
- Security Holder Complaints Handling Policy
- Supplier Sustainability Code of Practice
- Sustainability Policy
- Whistleblower Policy (and our Whistleblower Service)
Other governance matters
- Infrastructure Entity Benchmarks and Disclosures (RG231)
- Risk Management Policy
- Transurban Holdings Limited Constitution
- Transurban Holding Trust Constitution
- Transurban International Limited Constitution
- Notice of reliance on ASIC Class Order 13/655